The tablet market in India is growing extensively. To beat the competition, different companies are coming out with more price effective affordable devices to lure the customers. If you are looking at becoming a tablet owner, check out our list of the top 10 Android powered tablets that pack in fun, functionality and affordability.
1. Fuje Pad Gen 4: Fuje Pad Gen 4 is a multipurpose tablet PC with wide range functionality such as internet browsing, book reading, social networking etc. This device is powered with Android Froyo 2.2 OS, 7-inch display with a resolution of 800 x 480 pixels, 3-megapixel camera, 2GB internal memory, card slot upto 32GB expandable memory, and VIA 8650 800 Mhz processor. The price of this tablet is Rs. 8,500.
2. HCL ME tablet AE7-A1: HCL has launched the Me series Android tablets in India. This tablet is equipped with Android Froyo 2.2 OS, 7-inch display with resolution of 800 x 480 pixels, ARM 11 800 Mhz processor, 256MB RAM, 3-megapixel camera, GPS, WLan, G-Sensor, 2GB internal memory and card slot upto 8GB memory expandable. The price of this tablet is Rs. 10,900.
3. Creative ZiiO 7: Creative ZiiO 7 runs on Android Froyo 2.2 OS. It has a 7-inch display with resolution of 480 x 800 pixels, ZiLABS ZMS-08 HD Media-Rich Application processor, 512 MB RAM, VGA camera, WLan, internal memory 2GB, card slot upto 32 GB expandable memory, and Lithium battery. The price of this tablet is Rs. 16500.
4. OlivePad VT100: OlivePad VT100 runs on Android Froyo 2.2 OS, it has 7-inch display with a resolution of 800 x 400 pixels, Arm 11 600 Mhz processor, 512 MB RAM, 3-megapixel camera, WLan, G-Sensor, internal memory 512 MB, and card slot upto 32 GB. The price of this tablet is Rs. 16,999.
5. Beetel Magiq: Beetel Magiq 3G tablet runs on Android 2.2 and has 7-inch display. It is powered with 1Ghz processor, 2-megapixel dual cameras, Wi-Fi, Single SIM card slot, internal memory of 8 GB extendable upto 16 GB, 2200 mAh battery. The price of this tablet is Rs. 10,000.
6. Reliance 3G Tab: Reliance Communications (Rcom) has launched its Android 3G Tab in India. It is equipped with 7-inch capacitive touchscreen with the resolution of 800 x 480 pixels. It runs on Android 2.3 (Gingerbread), and it comes with Reliance 3G data plan. It has 2-megapixel and VGA camera, 512 MB RAM, 800 Mhz processor, and GPS. The price of this tablet is Rs. 12, 999.
7. MSI Enjoy 7 & Enjoy10: MSI has launched two tablet devices, Enjoy7 and Enjoy 10. Enjoy 7 has a 7-inch display and Enjoy 10 has 10-inch display. Both the devices have 1.2 Ghz ARM Cortex 8 processor, 512 MB RAM, 4GB of internal storage in addition to support up to 32 GB external memory. Both the tablets run on Android 2.3 (Gingerbread) OS. The price of both the tablets is Rs. 14k and 15 k respectively.
8. Sakshat: Sakshat is the cheapest tablet device developed in India. It will be available in the market for sale by the beginning of the year 2011. It runs on the Android Linux. It has internal rechargeable non-removable lithium battery, micro SD slot, Flash memory, Multi touch resistive touchscreen. The cost of this tablet is Rs. 2200.
9. LACS A 4-inch Tab: Laxmi Access Communication System (LACS) has launched a tablet PC with 4.3-inch LCD touchscreen that runs on Android OS. IT has 800 Mhz processor, 256 MB RAM, and 3G- connectivity. The cost of this tablet is Rs. 4,500 approx.
10. G’Five: G’Five, the Chinese mobile handset maker is all set to launch its new Android based tablet PC. The tablet will have 7-inch capacitive touchscreen, 600 Mhz VIA processor. This tablet may use Android 2.1 Android OS, and its price is expected to be less than 15k.